Caninecancer.org.au

Discussion on Canine Cancer
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 pm 

Hi All

I thought I'd pop in here and say hi since I'm unfortunately new here. I'm Snoopy Mum to three lovely boys and two gorgeous and very loved rescue dogs Willow and Riff Raff. Willow is a 6 year old great dane cross and Riff Raff is a real mix of breeds that we adopted from the pound as a little pup in February this year.

We are anxiously awaiting pathology results since Willow had a small lump removed from her lower back on Monday. It is a suspected mast cell tumour. She is recovering nicely from the surgery despite having quite a large incision - in fact I anticipate problems with keeping her quiet within a day or two. She is greatly resenting the elizabethan collar, but I know she will unzip those stitches if I leave her to do so.

Anyway - nice to meet you all and please cross your fingers for Willow's pathology results for us.

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:17 pm 

Hi Snoopy

Nice to see a new name on the forum. We only launched the website on 3 October so its all new. I am Lisa mother to Frodo his litter sibling Naughty Farrell (who is the family horror) and Bones. Also drop in home to Roise and four six month old puppies that are tearing the house apart.

Hope you find the information helpful on the website. I know when Frodo got cancer I found it hard to find material easily and then you didnt know if it was reliable or not. Hopefully it makes things easier for people and educates people on this horrible disease.

I cant answer anything medical but I notice you have posted in the other forum. Some of the oncologists are answering for us and I am sure a reply will be posted shortly.

Did you go to an oncologist or just the local vet? I was lucky with Frodo as he got Dtr Ken Wyatt so therefore he had treatment from someone with all these extra years study in the field of cancer.

Hopefully the results will be good for you. Waiting is always hard. Keep us posted and I am sure everyone will be hoping the news is good.