Caninecancer.org.au

Discussion on Canine Cancer
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: introduction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:11 pm 

Hi

My name is Susan and I have just joined this forum

My on-line business - beachmutt.net - makes great looking dog jackets with UV protection We are an entirely Australian operation and the jackets are made from UPF50+ fabric We also sell sunscreen made for dogs and cats

I have been a poodle owner for years - with my last poodle, Daisy, dying last year aged 17 years and 5 months As you will understand her death has left quite a hole Instead of buying another dog I am now offering home stay for small non-shedding dogs (pamperedpetstays.com) in my home in Brisbane

Fortunately, my dogs haven't had cancer but I became more aware of this issue when one of my dogs, Alice, had an underactive thyroid and lost most of her coat. When I looked around for a jacket to give her some sun protection I couldn't find a suitable product - hence beachmutt.net which I founded a little over two years ago

That's lead me to find out more about skin cancer and cancers generally affecting dogs

I look forward to hearing your stories and, hopefully, all about successful treatments for your dogs

Post subject: Re: introduction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:14 pm 

Welcome to the forum, hope you find the postings and the website educational.

Thanks for posting your website. Cute jackets. How hard are they for dogs to take off? I have horrors who know how to get their winter coats off and it doesnt matter what types I try they are left on a nice pile on the floor in the morning for me. I am sure it is my Farrell that starts the ball rolling Smile I give up!!

Hopefully some of the forum readers will see your posting and check out the site.

Good luck with it and I hope we see you participating in any discussion of interest.

Lisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:17 pm 

beachmutt.net jackets are easy to put on and take off

The smaller sizes (S1 to M) attach with velcro across the chest and tummy - so there's only two tabs to lift if the dog's front leg goes through the hole (if not it's three)

The larger jackets (L to XXXL) are a different design. The dog's front legs go through the holes and then it's velcro all along the back

When they're on dogs don't even seem to realise they're wearing a jacket because the material is light and we find that dogs that hate wearing winter jackets will wear beachmutt.net

Out of interest, the dogs at the beach in our video were wearing the jackets for the first time (the lab is in an XXL, the staffy is in an L and the maltese is in an M)

Susan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:37 pm 

Hi Susan,
your jackets are really great, is there possibility to dog take off it?
Best regards from Perth