Caninecancer.org.au

Discussion on Canine Cancer
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 pm 

Let me introduce myself to everyone on this forum.

My name is Terry Simons and I started a canine cancer foundation because I lost my heart and soul dog, Reveille to lymphoma.

An educated dog owner, I did all I could for Reveille but soon discovered that even though lymphoma is one of the most common cancers in dogs, accurate information regarding options and treatment can be elusive. I connected with professionals that helped me choose the best path for my beloved companion.

Reveille competed in dog agility throughout her treatment and in fact thrived, having the best agility year of her career. When I chose to let Reveille go, one year and a week after her diagnosis, I knew I was making the right decision for her.

Grief can do strange things, it can destroy and it can inspire. In the case of Reveille, the realization that I may lose Reveille at any time inspired me to form CLEAR (Canine Lymphoma Education Awareness and Research), a cancer foundation dedicated to providing information, resources and research into the devastating disease. Reveille's legacy is to ensure that dog owners know their options thereby being empowered advocates of their four-legged family members.

We are having our 2nd Annual Fundraiser and Premiere on November 1, 2014. The premiere is of the documentary "My Friend: Changing the Journey" is a ground-breaking documentary that will take dog lovers on their own informative journey of awareness and hope as it weaves interviews from highly respected Oncologists, Veterinarians and Canine Care Professionals throughout three inspiring stories of dogs who are battling lymphoma and in some cases even beat the disease.

For more information on the event and lymphoma or to see the trailer to our documentary please visit us at www.clearcaninecancer.com

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/clearcaninecancer

We would be most grateful for your support and social media shares!

Sincerely,

Terry Simons
Founder, CLEAR Canine Lymphoma Education Awareness & Research

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:30 pm 

Thanks Terry for posting this information. Great the burn up the phone line with you the other day. It is great that you are doing your bit to help educate dog owners in this disease. Having people like Dr Sue the Cancer Vet get involved is wonderful.

I would urge people in Los Angeles to come out and support the premiere. Sounds to me like the top shelf wine and food included in the ticket price is worth it alone. Shame I cant be there. It would be a great opportunity to meet some of the leading experts in canine cancer from the USA.

Hopefully sometime soon we can see the documentary here in Australia. I do know the Bullmastiff Club NSW are so focused on the lymphoma cause they are funding their own research project into lymphoma. bit.ly/1mpWb4L It is wonderful to see them take such a lead here.

Good luck for the event and we hope you can post the details for us.

Lisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:32 pm 

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for all your support! I never really understood social media and how it works, until we crossed paths! Although still learning, I am more likely to respond! Look at me learning!

You can tell the Bull Mastiff Club that we would love to come out and do a fundraiser, screening and Q&A and if possible have an oncologist on the panel! That would be so awesome.

The premiere is just a week away and I am going crazy! I have all the confidence in the world for the documentary, but the fundraiser... well that will always make you crazy

Will keep you up to date as to how things are going as we get closer. We are close to a sell out with a week to go!

Thanks again!

terry