Caninecancer.org.au

Discussion on Canine Cancer
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Great Information
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:24 pm 

This is a truly wonderful website that is packed with lots of great information for us human guardians. I am so surprised an Australian website like this has so much for everyone to access. I think the au factor at first put me off thinking it would only be relevant to those down under but to my surprise that is not at all true. I have learnt more from this site than I could have ever learnt from some of the American ones. Well laid out, great links and easy navigation. I hate going to some websites that have advertisements all over the place and this is common now on the internet. I saw your film page for the lymphoma and it has created lots of talk and it looks like a great film. Another first for Australia. I have not seen it in the states but I have heard of it on social media a lot. I joined the Facebook page so I can keep up with anything new.

Post subject: Re: Great Information
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:59 pm 

Thanks for the feedback and I am pleased to hear the website has been educational to you. A lot of work has gone into it to try to provide owners with good information so they can make good choices for their dogs. Sadly there is a lot of information out there that is not so good. You have probably come across sites like that yourself and as for some of the information given out on other dog forums it is scary as there would be people that take note of the comments of well meaning but ill informed people. It is an individual choice as to what a dog owner does in terms of treatment taking into account all the factors relevant to their situation. What really gets to me tho is that sometimes they make decisions based on incorrect medical advice they have been given to start with. If somehow this website helps with the right information that is great to hear. It makes it worthwhile for all the days you think you are wasting your time :) Living in Aus or living in the States is irrelevant to the diagnosis of cancer and what you need to know. I do get that some people might be put off but surprisingly our audience is half Australia and half the rest of the World, USA in particular so I guess that says something :)

As for the Lymphoma documentary it is a fantastic documentary and Perth will be getting it if I have to fund it myself. This website is based in Perth. It is a logistical nightmare to arrange other States but I am pretty determined so if that accounts for anything the rest of Australia will get it as well. Hopefully we can attract some sponsors that realise that with so many households owning a dog, if not more than one, their sponsorship will get a fair bit of airplay both here in Australia and in the USA in particular. Fingers crossed and stay tuned to FB and the website for the "Changing The Journey Aus Tour"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:02 pm 

Thanks for all you do.

The trailer looks great. Can't wait to see it. Good luck with taking it to so many places. Big effort

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:35 pm 

Its a great documentary and it has been a real mission to get the show on the road. Finding venues that were a reasonable cost has been horrendous but its getting there

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 am 

This site has provided me with so much info it is great well done to the person who has organised it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:27 am 

Thomas wrote:
This site has provided me with so much info it is great well done to the person who has organised it

Good to hear the effort is not wasted :)